During my life I’ve only been to Italy twice. First in May 1992 when I was still in my mummy’s belly, and then in 2010. Although, I don’t have so many vivid memories of the first trip, I can easily recall the second one.
Let me get some things straight about Italy according to my journey:
- I know, it’s a cliché, but Italian pizza is truly the best you can eat. EVER. ANYWHERE. End of conversation.
- Gelato… ❤ One for me, please!
- Venice can’t be visited in the not so distant future, because it’s sinking. Experts say 2-4 mm-s every year. So, enjoy it right now!
- There are an enourmous amount of pigeons on Piazza San Marco. Please, please, please don’t feed them!
- There are gondolas everywhere. They are pricey, but sooo romantic!
- Leonardo da Vinci’s Vitruvian Man can be found in Gallerie dell’Accademia. Say hi to the world’s most famous drawing if you are in the neighbourhood!
- Triest lies next to the Slovenian border and has been part of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy till 1918. It has my favourite fairy tale castle, Miramare.
- Not far from Venice, there is a small town called Jesolo, it is the perfect place to enjoy the beach and collect shells (I don’t want to brag, but people say I’m an excellent ‘sheller’, so it is true!).
Here are my favourite shots from Italy: