In the last couple of years I’ve became famous among friends and family members of my weird implementation of gingerbread. Besides making the usual Christmas things like snowmen, stars and boots, I always try to bring some fun to the holiday feasts. So I found some DIY ideas that seemed easy to make (they never are at the end!). That led to a series of gingerbread ninjas, Yoda, R2D2, a Batman sign and reindeers that everybody considered dogs. Although they were more sweet then pretty, there are some of my creations I’m actually proud of. For example I once made a 3D Christmas tree that looked particularly handsome, and I make little ladies holding hazelnut in their hands every year, they are my favourite. Whatever results I have after baking I can always say the effort comes from my heart.
Here are the ingredients you need for the perfect, immediately soft gingerbread:
/for 3 pans of pastry/
- 70 dkg flour
- 20 dkg powdered sugar
- 1 coffee-spoon of baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 sac of gingerbread spice mix
- 20 dkg margarine
- 5 tablespoon of honey
After procuring all these things here is what you need to do:
- Mix the powdered sugar with the margarine first, then add the flour and the baking soda.
- Add the gingerbread spice mix as well.
- Warm up the honey (but don’t boil it!) and add it to your paste.
- Mix everything well.
- Put it into the fridge for 2 hours.
- Extend the pastry till you get 3 mm thickness.
- And now let the madness of decoration begin! You can use walnuts, edible pearls, icing or even marzipan.