In the last couple of years I’ve became very fond of these super yummi and healthy drinks. Although I’m making them quite often at home, smoothie heaven can be found at Mercato La Boqueria in Barcelona. Coconut, mint, watermelon are just few of the flavours I tried. They were very refreshing in hot summer days and I hope I’ll come back someday for more.
Here is my personal favourite (and super easy) smoothie recipe:
– 1 apple
– 1 orange
– a handful of red berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.)
– juice of half a lemon
– 2 dl water or some ice cubes if it’s summer
What to do next?
Wash and peel all the ingredients, and cut them into 2-3 cm peaces. Then put all of them into a blender and mix them for 30 seconds.
Yep, and that is all! Amazing, isn’t it?
Why are smoothies great?
– they are made of natural ingedrients, that means they are rich of antioxidants, vitamins and fibers
– you don’t need sugar or honey to make it sweeter
– they are great if you want to lose weight, train or just want to lead a healthy life
– lactose intolerant people can drink them as well unlike shakes
– it’s easier to drink this amount of fruit or vegetables than eating them separately
View this post on Instagram
A smoothie a day keeps the doctor away 😊 #smoothie #fruit #health #healty #drink #beauty #colours #yummi #natural #mercat #market #barcelona #spain #europe #topbarcelonaphoto #tospainphoto #topeuropephoto #travelling #traveller #photography #photographer #photooftheday #larambla #ladyfraise #summer #ice