5 years ago I spent 5 days in the Czech capital for a sightseeing vacation with my family and I fell in love with this beautiful, historical metropolis. While the country has a continental climate, I recommend you not to go in the summer, because the city will be full of tourists. So grab your jacket and prepare yourself for the best beer in Prague!
Here are the places I’ve been to in Prague and highly recommend:
– Old Town Square with Orloj (the Astronomical Clock), Tyn Church and a Salvador Dalí and Mucha collection
– Josefov, the Jewish quarter with Old New Synagogue, Old Jewish Cemetery and Franz Kafka’s birthplace
– Charles Bridge
– Hrad with St. Vitus Cathedral, St. George Basilica, Zlatá ulička (the Golden Lane), the Powder Tower and the Picture Gallery
– New Town area with the National Museum
– National Gallery in Veletrzní Palace
– St. Nicholas Church
– John Lennon Wall
– Dancing House
I also had one-day trips to Český Krumlov and České Budějovice. They are both close to the Northern Austrian border, so they are perfect for short trips. Krumlov is famous for its historical quarter that is part of the UNESCO’s World Heritage and Budějovice is the hometown of Budweiser, the beer they are making since the 13rd century.
And there I still many places I want to visit such as:
– Karlovy vary
– Kutná Hora